Dr.I’ma Neerakkal M.phil., Ph.D
Awards and recognition
- Received Young Scientist Award for the year 2003 of the State Committee on Science, Technology and Environment, Government of Kerala.
- Recognized as Women Achiever in Science in 2012 by Kerala State Council of Science, Technology, and Environment, Govt. of Kerala.
- Dr. I’ma joined service as a lecturer in 1993. Worked as a lecturer in Assumption College, Changanassery from 1993 to 2015.
- Working as Associate Professor in Sacred Heart College from 2015 June onwards
- Promoted as Reader from 2002 onwards and as Associate Professor 2006 onwards. Total teaching experience-27 years
- Executive Editor of Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Research-JET -ISSN 2394-3874(2011,2012and 2013)
- Research Projects Principal investigator of one major project(UGC) and 3 minor projects(KSCSTE, RRII & Coconut Development Board)
- Resource person in Winter School at CMFRI; UGC sponsored National seminars, “Sumsthana Karshika Mela” State Agricultural fest
- Authorized research guide of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam where scholars are pursuing their Ph.D. under her guidance
- Published two books, one proceeding of the national seminar organized& 17 articles in peer-reviewed national & International Journals
- MOU Signed with Coconut Development Board, Govt. Of India
- Presented a paper at Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria, Australia. Foreign universities visited: Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria, Australia, University of Linz, Austria; Munich Botanical garden and university, Germany and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Seminars organized: Organising Secretary of one UGC sponsored National and Organising committee member of an International conference
- Consultancy offered : Trainer in Spawn production, mushroom cultivation and vermicompost production for the general public
- Editor and Newsreader of the ‘Karshika Varthakal’ Doordarshan
- Mahatma Gandhi University nominee of Board of Studies in Botany, M.A College(autonomous), Kothamangalam.And Member of Board of Studies in Botany, Assumption college(autonomous), Changanacherry.
- Mahatma Gandhi University nominee of the selection committee for the promotion of associate professors at St.Teresas college.Ernakulam
- Member, Kerala Botanical Society